Saturday, June 23, 2012

teaching and learning

we were playing.  zilla was hitting me with a lego laser.  we were rough housing and he hit me with the laser instead.  I could've yelled at him not to do that.  it *actually* hurt so I didn't even have a chance to say anything before actual tears came out of my eyes.

then he started laughing.

At this point I didn't know what to think.  Oh noes.  where have I gone wrong?  the boy thought it was funny that he hurt me.  what am I to do different?  I sat there crying. He just kept laughing but it changed once he get the idea that I wasn't joking,

Mama was hurt.

I didn't ask him to say sorry so he didn't say sorry. I didn't ask him to kiss where it hurt so he didn't kiss my boo boo.


What he did afterwards was he played gently.  I didn't even have to ask him to.


1 comment:

  1. awww. Scott still feels bad about beaning me with a ninjago base...of course it could just be lingering remorse from losing lego rights for several days. ;)

    He did feel bad for the bruise and insisted on getting the arnica for several days. Crazily enough I STILL have a bruise!!

    ReplyDelete