Tuesday, June 19, 2012

the boys are gone

boys have gone to homer to go halibut fishing.  its a 10 hour drive and paul, a friend of his, and his brother left about an hour ago.   its about time my husband went out to do something without me.

Don't get me wrong.  I absolutely LOVE his company.  he was first and foremost my best guy friend.  becoming a military family and having kids have strengthened our relationship even further.   This man though, doesn't get out much without family.  I don't mean to complain but I worry.  The kids are still small.  The deal was for zilla to come out on the boat with him.  they didn't recommend kids younger than 6 on the boat (which I could've guessed, but *I* had to call.).  He asked me if zilla could come along as an observer.  it would cost us 110 dollars on an all day boat.

errr.  no thank you. 

I feel like he might be missing out on some things in life - that he might lets things slide.  I know for him, its not like that.  When he is with family, he is happiest. 

one of my biggest regrets in life is not going to the prom with paul.  someone had mentioned that if that was one of my regrets in life, I've lead a pretty good life (haha) but missing prom isn't what I regret.  That night I chose my family over prom because i felt like it was the right thing to do.  My stepfather had died and we were in sort of mourning mode.  it didn't feel right for me to go.  at the time the feeling was right.  now, I wish I had that one extra memory of going.  I have plenty of other memories of staying home and being with family because that's what I did the other days of the year.  I want him to have memories of going halibut fishing with his friend and brother, because he has plenty of memories of us. 

Besides, how else can I watch the view without moans and groans?

No comments:

Post a Comment