Friday, June 15, 2012

growing up in the city, coming home to the country

we went back to los angeles for a week to see our parents and family.  it was a very interesting trip.  Living in fairbanks, I thought I would welcome the hustle bustle of city life - let alone the authentic ethnic variety available.  All I wanted was to go 'home'.

Back to fairbanks.

I learned what it felt like to be that 'overwhelmed' toddler.  I was angry and lashing out.  It was weird because at first I didn't even realize I was acting that way.  I lashed out at Jake.  I lashed out at my husband.  I yelled, "I don't even know why I feel this way!!!".  I reflected.  I hated being here.  in the city.  I sobbed.  I felt better.

It was an eye opening experience.

Even hesperia was too crowded.  Too traffic-y.  Too people-y.  Too cit-y.  Paul actually agreed with me.  I would ask him if he would ever come back here to southern california, and he would always come back with comments like "well, I like the beach"  or "well I know, but this is my home".  This time around he would say things like "its too crowded here" or "I know why people love fairbanks, and stay in fairbanks.  only if they had a best buy.  I still need my technology."   We are simple country folk who love best buy, I guess.  Who would've thought.  There is even talk about buying something here 'just for the summer'.  sounds like a good idea.  LOL.

Still it was nice to visit family.  Jake had a blast.  There was the usual drama too (duh?).  we had fun in the city.

then came 'home' to the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment