Thursday, June 28, 2012

normal-ish but never the normal life

paul is doing the 9-5 ish thing (not counting pt), and I'm just at home doing my thing, cleaning, cooking, raising the littles...  as a military family it kind of weirds me out that sometimes people settle and do this for 20 years ~ 40 years.  I can't even see 2 years in to our future.  when paul's tour in alaska is over who knows were we'd end up.  so surreal. When people look for their dream house to spend their whole life in, we look for a rentable place in case we have to move (which we did), we still dream about where we would end up when he retires or ETSs, but we also dream about where our next duty station could be (hawaii?  back to colorado?  stay in alaska?).  I can't imagine settling somewhere for 15 years, I love the traveling opportunities the army has given us. 

so back to 'normal' as our normal life could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment