Monday, April 22, 2013

DS still nurses and sometimes I really doubt myself if it's the 'right thing' for him, even if I *KNOW* it is the right thing for him.  I make the best educated choice for my kids but I can never shake that small voice inside my head away.  I drive myself batty even though I *KNOW* every child/parent relationship is different with different needs.  I worry that he'll be forever dependent on me emotionally, but I know he won't. 

Last weekend we went to the children's museum and he wanted to go on the climbing wall.  the spotters pull them up if they can't 'climb' until the child requests to stop.  zilla went up crazy high!  he actually didn't request to be brought back down.  his time was just up and the spotter had to bring him down.


I am glad that sometimes life reminds you in subtle ways that things will be ok.  I did mentally compare him with the other kids there and hate to admit it, but it felt so good.  I was proud of him not being afraid to go up so high.  Most of all I'm glad that I am not 'messing' him up - although I know I am not, nice to have reminders once in a while.

 

1 comment:

  1. he's getting exactly what he needs! you're giving him all the right tools to be a happy, independent, little dude.

    ReplyDelete