Friday, February 15, 2013

so I have 78 post and 47 drafts of blog posts.

I do sit down to put my thoughts in to words.

so my last 5 musings have been this:

Chris Dorner.

I'm really sad it had to come to this, but I do understand where it's coming from.  I remember watching the news during the 92 riots.  my grandfather lost his liquor store overnight.  it was looted, and burned to the ground.  Do I blame the LAPD?  Maybe.  I don't know.  I was secretly rooting for the guy.  Even though what he did was absolutely wrong and reprehensible, I do think his actions said a lot.  I remember when Paul decided to join the military, he said "(after 9/11) I couldn't just sit there and do nothing."  There are days when I feel like that too, but I sit there and do nothing.  my husband has answered that call to duty. for Chris Dorner to take a stand, for him to not just sit there and do nothing - I know that it must have taken a lot of courage.

Elimination communication.

there have been good days and bad days.  mostly bad, but I can't believe it's 'working'.

breastfeeding support.

I had started a post about my grandfather who had been very pivotal in me successfully breastfeeding zilla.  I think I am going to go back and finish it.

 anniversary.

13 years ago paul and I became a couple at the local pizza hut.  wow.  13 years.  in numbers it seems so big yet in reality it doesn't feel long at all.

Project Igloo 2013

One of the things I really want to accomplish while I live here in alaska, is to build an igloo either this winter or the next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment